Careers at the Só Hotel Group
Our properties include Castletroy Park Hotel Limerick, Lough Rea Hotel and Spa Co. Galway, Charleville Park Hotel Co. Cork and Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise and our latest property The Athlone Springs Hotel, Athlone Co. Westmeath. At Só Hotels, we invest in people, providing clear professional growth including team and management development. We believe great hospitality is provided by great people!
Hotel General Manager
The Lough Rea Hotel & Spa is currently recruiting for a Hotel General Manager. This presents a fantastic opportunity for a standards driven candidate to join the So Hotel Group with big plans for future expansion, and an agenda to develop talent, and further enhance key employee skills in the field of hospitality.
The Hotel General Manager will lead the team of approx 100 employees, whilst understanding and managing all aspects of the Hotel operation, ensuring that each area has in place well thought out procedures, is customer focused, and delivers a consistently high standard in line with Group requirements. This will be delivered while achieving agreed KPI’s and business objectives and maximizing the profitability of both the Rooms and the Food and Beverage operations and maintaining effective cost controls. The Hotel Manager is the catalyst to success through his or her ability to manage teams with the customer always at the forefront.
The hotel boasts a busy function and wedding trade, with a busy F & B offering, and Spa. The successful candidate will have to be a strong F & B focused GM.
Hotel Manager key responsibilities:
- Implement all board and Group policies, strategies and plans and contribute to the development of these plans.
- Be part of the team, a hands on leader, driving from the front.
- Control & plan performance against targets and monitor individual department performances.
- Oversee and monitor all hotel operations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of service standards across all the departments
- Ensure guest satisfaction by having managers establish and maintain quality control standards for products & services offered to the guests.
- Personally monitor guest satisfaction by observation and regular reporting from Department Heads.
- Ensure a friendly and professional front of house and ensure that all guests are guaranteed a friendly welcome and top quality service
- Responsibility for the health, safety and well being of your customers and staff
- Promote the hotel through networking, involvement in chambers of commerce and various other business events.
- Appraise regularly the performance and development of all Heads of Department and Junior Managers.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Can adopt a proactive, commercial approach to the business.
- Have a track record of successfully managing hotels as a General Manager/Experienced Deputy GM/Operations Mgr.
- Have 4 years experience as a Senior Manager in a similar sized operation with an emphasis on F & B.
- Be charismatic, get to know local clientele, get out into local community, become part of community and create link with business.
- Have the ability to own the hotel and the position by earning respect through interactions and decisions.
- Be a self starter who has the capacity to operate with little supervision.
- Have a proven ability to offer and implement independent solutions to various issues as they arise.
- Be sales focused, with a flair for marketing and PR.
- Ability to demonstrate strong financial understanding, a real understanding of customer care and an in depth knowledge of all aspects of hotel operations especially F & B.
- Good communicator who is willing and able to share company goals, provide direction, and foster a sense of empowerment amongst the team to collectively attain business targets
Managing, Organising, Hotel Operations, Restaurant management, Yield Management, Weddings, Revenue Management, People Management, Budgeting, Cost Management, Planning, Marketing
Free Parking, Staff Canteen, Paid Holidays, Fair roster, Ability to further develop, Group Discounts
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com