Careers at the Só Hotel Group
Our properties include Castletroy Park Hotel Limerick, Lough Rea Hotel and Spa Co. Galway, Charleville Park Hotel Co. Cork and Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise and our latest property The Athlone Springs Hotel, Athlone Co. Westmeath. At Só Hotels, we invest in people, providing clear professional growth including team and management development. We believe great hospitality is provided by great people!
Group Financial Controller
An Entrepreneurial, fast-growing hospitality Group with HQ in Galway are seeking to appoint a Group Financial Controller to join the Senior Leadership Team to oversee the management of financial related matters across the So Hotel Group.
The successful candidate will play a lead role in developing the Finance Function and providing key decision support to the Managing Director on all financial and accounting aspects relevant to 6 Hotels which form the Só Hotel Group.
Reporting to the MD, this role will involve:
· Playing a lead role in analysis and advice to achieve maximum profitability and systems to protect the financial and related functions
· Managing the running of the day to day finance operations of the business across 6 Hotels (Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cash Handling and associated systems, Group Purchasing, Labour Analysis & Systems of Control, Revenue & Cost Analysis per hotel)
· Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Financial Modelling
· Preparation of monthly management accounts for the group
· Researching technical accounting issues for compliance, ensuring strong controls in place, statutory and tax compliance
· External Support and Involvement (Advisors, Banking relationships, Auditors) and Internal (Supporting Sales, Marketing, Operations)
· Commercial Minded- creating logical financial forecasts, cash flow monitoring & management, managing tendering processes, Pricing and profitability analysis for new business lines
· Leading the finance teams in each hotel, providing support and direction, working with the Hotel GM’s to ensure their business decisions are in the best interest of the business and future growth and development
Requirements of this Role
Successful candidate will have the following background:
· Qualified Accountant, with 3+ years’ experience at Controller level, preferably within the hospitality/hotel sector
· Strong Academic background, analytical in thinking
· Strong Commercial Acumen, ambitious, highly driven
· Proven track record in leading and managing teams, projects, getting results
· Flexible, committed, loyal, trustworthy, gets it done
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org